LEAD

Nicki Minaj Reveals The Truth Behind Her Iggy Azalea Diss


Nicki Minaj Iggy Azalea Fight



When Nicki Minaj seemed to diss rapper Iggy Azalea during her acceptance speech for Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards on June 29, people were totally shocked. It looked like Nicki was throwing major shade at Iggy — but was she? Nicki’s finally speaking out.

When Nicki Minaj, 31, accepted her BET Awards trophy, she proudly said: “I thank God that I’ve been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven.” She then added: “What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.” Ouch! It seemed like she was talking directly to Iggy Azalea, 24. But Nicki says that’s not true!



Nicki Minaj On Iggy Azalea Fight: The Truth Behind Her BET Awards Diss

First, it looked like Nicki dissed Iggy onstage. Then, more fuel was added to the fire when reports stated that Nicki discovered rapper  T.I. secretly writing songs for Iggy! Speaking out on the first time since the supposed diss, Nicki claimed on July 2 that she never threw shade at Iggy. 
“The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!” Nicki tweeted first on July 2. In a series of follow-up tweets, Nicki said: 
“I believe we’re smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I’ve been saying this for 5 YEARS” 

Then, after calling out females who do write their own music (like Lauryn Hill), Nicki tweeted:
“I’ve congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud.”
And:
“That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that.”
So, Nicki never said she DIDN’T diss Iggy explicitly, but she did open up about how she thinks Iggy should be proud of her success. The mystery deepens!

Nicki Minaj: Releasing New Single With Ariana Grande & Jessie J!

Two singers Nicki’s definitely NOT feuding with? Ariana Grande and Jessie J! The trio are working on a joint single called “Bang Bang” — and it will be released on July 29 via Republic Records. How exciting! The song will be on Jessie J’s upcoming album Alive AND on Ariana’s upcoming album My Everything. We can’t wait to hear it!
Previous
Next Post »

Whats Your Experience Like On Our Blog